Where should I start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasbuddy

Cadet
I just reinstalled a brand new FreeNAS-8.2.0-BETA4-x64 (r11722).

If I want to install a Plugins, say Firefly, should I go through all the steps stated in this link?

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Plugins

Such as install the Plugins Jail, create 2 ZFS Dataset, upload PBI to the Dataset, then install plugins?

Are these correct steps for the version (8.2.0-BETA4) I am using?

paleoN

Wizard
Such as install the Plugins Jail, create 2 ZFS Dataset, upload PBI to the Dataset, then install plugins?

Are these correct steps for the version (8.2.0-BETA4) I am using?
Almost. You don't install the Jail until step 3 there, after the datasets.

It is vital to have your networking setup properly before hand.

You can add to that, for the outside/non-jail FreeNAS, a proper default gateway and possibly configured DNS servers as well. I would go so far as to reboot after this.

Then install the jail. Go into the jail:
Code:
jls

jexec X csh
Where the X is the number reported by jls and most likely 1.

Try to ping the regular FreeNAS IP and your default gateway. If they work then exit and install the plugins.

Nasbuddy

Cadet
Thanks for your reply!

I wonder why the Jail IP is 192.168.2.3, is it correct, if I have my NAS set an IP as 192.168.1.110?

paleoN

Wizard
I wonder why the Jail IP is 192.168.2.3, is it correct, if I have my NAS set an IP as 192.168.1.110?
No, it's not correct. You need to adjust the Jail IP to your own home network. That's just an example.

In your case 192.168.1.3 with a subnet of /24 would probably work as long as nothing else has that IP already.

Do you know what your default gateway is?

Nasbuddy

Cadet
Thanks so much for your reply.
That's why I guess it is wrong. Seems the document expected us to know more than just read and do it.
I know my default gateway which is 192.168.1.1, so I will find and choose a unused IP for jail.
After that, I should create a mount point under Plugins setting right?

paleoN

Wizard
After that, I should create a mount point under Plugins setting right?
You can install the plugins first. You would want to create the mount points before configuring them though. Assuming the movie folder, download directory or whatever you want access to files outside the jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.