Where is does Plex keep its database (are the offical docs wrong)?

I'm currently in the process of preparing to upgrade my primary server from 9.10-u6 to 11.2.u4.1. Which also means that I'll be making the transition from Warden to iocage Jails. For the most part, I'm gonna take the opportunity to redo some of my Jails from the ground up but as I have a few hundred videos on my Plex server, which have entirely custom naming, dates, posters etc. (not to mention the hundreds of TV and movies)... redoing my Plex server is no small task. So I'll be transferring my Plex server's database to a new dataset which will be mounted in the new iocage Jail.

There in lies the problem though... I'm not 100% sure what files and folders I need to transfer and where they are located.

The official documentation says that on FreeNAS, the database is found here ${JAIL_ROOT}/var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server/ but whilst the directory structure exists, the folder does not contain anything at all.

On the other hand ${JAIL_ROOT}/usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server/ appears to contain what I'm looking for... at least I think it does.

So which is it? What's the path of the folder that contains the folders/files that I need to backup/place in the dataset?

adamgoldberg

Explorer
Looking in the jails...

9.10.2-U6 with 1.14.1.5488 - there's stuff at /usr/local/plexdata/Plex Media Server. There's an empty directory at /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/plexdata/Plex Media Server. Maybe the dataset is at .../Plex Media Server/Media/localhost

11.2.U5 - there's a directory at /Plex Media Server (yes, the root of the jail), including /Plex Media Server/Media/localhost ...