When to click thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro lamer

Guru
Hi,

I'm new to forums in general and I am afraid I may overuse 'thanks' link under posts.

Is there any etiquette in this matter?

Is it preferred I clicked 'thanks' under each answer to my question even if I was not satisfied (like "it is possible but not recommended")?

Is it common to click thanks under any post in any thread one likes no matter she or he posted anything in that thread?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Do whatever you feel like doing. We've been discussing this with no clarity gained on the subject for years now.

pro lamer

Guru
Is there any way to list posts I thanked for?

I tend to thank for posts that are helpful to me even if I don't post to the related thread. Later on I'd like to find posts I found helpful.

I only know a workaround for future: quote each helpful post but I don't like the idea of adding posts that do not help anyone else (bloating a thread?) and some threads are closed so I wouldn't be able to post a quote there anyway.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No, but maybe there's a plugin for users to keep lists of threads or something.

There is a watch thread button which works for me.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There's that, which allows you to watch threads without posting, but it quickly gets out of hand if you have more than a handful.

pro lamer

Guru
If there are only few thanks the below may work:

Google for "pro lamer said thanks for this"

pro lamer

Guru
If there are only few thanks the below may work:

Google for "pro lamer said thanks for this"
Now it wouldn't work with the new Xenforo version since the new version of the footer with thanks list doesn't have the "clicked thanks" phrase anymore...

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That option is now available within XenForo. Not incredibly useful, though.

pro lamer

Guru
I can't find it. Maybe because I am mobile ATM? Googling doesn't help neither :(

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Hmm, I can't find it either. I must've confused it with the thanks received option.

Status
Not open for further replies.