web_log_nginx.response_codes alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMSevilla

Cadet
Hello,

I've used FreeNAS for the better part of 3 years, of which 99% of it was in an ESXI 6.0 virtual environment. There I never had any issues with it, but eventually I decided to pull the FreeNAS server out of the virtual machine and into its own box since I hated rebooting it everytime I did a hardware change on a virtual machine.

In setting it up on its own box, I began playing around a bit more with the options the software has, specifically Netdata, email, and UPS monitoring (given it's on its own now).

I originally installed FreeNAS on an HP Z420 machine, using a 16GB USB 2.0 SanDisk Cruzer Fit Flash Drive but after only hours of using it and transferring data I got CAM status errors, telling me it couldn't write to da4 (the USB drive). Given my family and I heavily rely on this server, I save my config and reinstalled on an SSD. So far after 24 hours it hasn't encountered CAM problem anymore. But I noticed it gave me this error at 12:00 a.m.:

WaGNS

I got around to getting to my desktop about an hour ago and was able to load the GUI without issues, but I noticed my Netdata service was off, so I manually turned it on, and was able to check it out. No issues.

On Saturday night when I did the original FreeNAS installation to the USB drive, I got the same email around 3 a.m., but when I checked it, I was able to log on to the GUI, and Netdata was running, it even told me it had an alert (same as the one in the picture).

The server itself is working fine, able to transfer/access GUI, check on it via shell without incident, but this thing is persistent, even though it's a new installation. I scoured the FreeNAS documentation and I cannot find anything on this topic.

Any feedback would be appreciated and sorry for the long post, I just felt a bit of background may help.

Attachments

• freenas.jpg
    freenas.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 333

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Is there any other error indicated in the GUI?
What is the hardware and usage?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

CMSevilla

Cadet
Hardware usage is stable, nothing out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.

Also, no other errors. The GUI shows 0 alerts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CMSevilla

Cadet
As a side note, about 4 hours ago my SMB and Netdata service just went off. I had to go into the GUI and turn them both back on.

I am not sure why they are turning off on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.