Watchdog Timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindowMaker

Cadet
Hi all, I finally got my NAS up and running after a few hiccups. Granted there is still one big one. When I try to copy a file from a computer to my NAS, The connection drops. On the monitor for my NAS it says the address of the NIC and "watchdog timeout".

Does anyone know a solution for this issue?
Thanks!

ProtoSD

MVP
no one else has had this issue?

I can say that for over the last year or more I've seen nearly every post in these forums and this problem has never been reported. You might search the FreeBSD forums for an clue. If you find something there and report back here, I might be able to tell you how it applies to FreeNAS.

StephenFry

Contributor
Is it a (RealTek) on-board LAN? Go in your computer's BIOS and change its IRQ. If that doesn't work, change it back and see if a different DMA channel will work. Basically, every address and channel you can change, change. But one at a time!

Even if it's not onboard you may want to try this out, as I highly suspect there is a conflict somewhere. You might be sharing something (channel/irq) that doesn't like to be shared.

For a not-onboard PCI or PCIe LAN card, you can often quickly change its IRQ/DMA/address by changing the physical slot it's in.

edit: addendum: if the above fails - LAN problems are often quickly remedied by putting in a new or other card ;)

WindowMaker

Cadet
I found a thread on another forum that recommended changing the NIC. I have done this and replaced with an intel pro card. The system will not assign its own IP address now. Anything I am missing here?

Status
Not open for further replies.