VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed

kristen

Dabbler
Hi
I'm getting error while trying to install plugin with static IP address.

I just installed fresh FreeNAS 11.2-Stable.

I wanted add static IP address for Jail.

Error: nextcloud had failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: stopped nextcloud due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed.

mattbisme

Cadet
Did you ever get this figured out? I'm also having this problem. In my case, I'm also trying to use a physical interface rather than a bridge. No combination of manual settings seems to be getting me anywhere. That said, it's certainly possible that I've missed something.

OliverM

Cadet
I have the same problem. The installation of "nextcloud" failed for me as well. I'm also not able to delete the "corrupt" installation.

erwinvr

Contributor
Same Issue using Freenas 11.3 Stable on vmware, enable promiscuous mode on vlan and switch.
But the strange thing.. i can create Jails without issue, if a try plugins : Error: gitlab had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Stopped git-casa-lab due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed.

According to logs after show the error in the gui, this log is added to the /var/log/messages: kernel: in6_purgeaddr: err=65, destination address delete failed maybe is something

Does anyone know fix it?

Thanks!

Same issue here been having this issue since 11.2-Stable, I've completely blew everything away in my IOCAGE with same results.
Code:
iocage clean -a

Then recreated with
iocage activate <poolname>
followed by
iocage list -a
(it auto-recreates it for you when you do this)

I can create it with nat selected at plugin installation time, but after I try to move it back, plex starts to have issues where portions can't be contacted.

jmb10101

Cadet
I'm having the same issue on FreeNAS-11.3-U1. If I select NAT instead of specifying an IP, I get a different error:
Error: nextcloud-jail had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check nextcloud-jail's network configuration Partial plugin destroyed
I can ping pkg.cdn.trueos.org and 8.8.8.8 from the shell, and my etc/resolv.conf file uses the 8.8.8.8 nameserver

I'm not really sure what to try next in order to debug this.

Folks - check the bug tracker. I have the same issue (although using DHCP + DHCP reservations will provide the correct IP, etc.). If your issue is different, post a bug report. The developers can't fix what they don't know about!

hervon

Patron
I fixed my vnet issue in jails by leaving the interface blank.

Bmiest

Cadet
Using 11.3 after upgrading from 9.10 -> 11 -> 11.1 -> 11.2 -> 11.3.
So I had to "trick" the UI after going into advanced to get it going on my static IP. I am finally upgrading from 9.10 as PLEX had my old plugin version flagged as not supported(and rightfully so, shame, but yeah time etc.). So I am rebuilding all jails, but want to keep the port forwards to the same ip's I had all along. Setting the static IP was mandatory for me rebuilding my nas functionality.

It wasn't pretty but it works fine at first glance:

Basic configuration does not work, VNET failure or missing configuration. Tried all combinations, no gucci.
After clicking install on the plugin and going into advanced, I disabled autoconfigure IPv4 but the UI bugs out and does not allow me to set IPv4 interface and netmask (grayed out):
1584383400826.png

After toggling on and off the NAT checkbox you are able to set the desired ip and netmask, however leave the interface blank:
1584383522087.png

(Don't forget to set the name like I did in the screenshot above.)

This COULD result in a weird output, but my static IP works and the admin portal will show up using the set ip.
1584383288883.png

I may or may stumble into issues later on, but it seems like this is more of a GUI thing than anything else and I do not expect further issues.

I will update if not working correctly.

B

iancynk

Cadet
@Bmiest
:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for that weird hack. I used this to install the Gitlab Plugin on Freenas 11.3.

On installing the Gitlab plugin I got something along
"Error: gitlab had failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: stopped gitlab due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed."

Using your hack (Advanced config - uncheck DHCP - check NAT - uncheck NAT - set manual IPv4 (not setting the interface)) leaving all other settings as given, the plugin installed smoothly.

kdbaumann

Explorer
Thanks this saved my issue of getting the following error after I tried to create the Jail. "Error: [EFAULT] Stopped nextcloud due to VNET failure" This came up when trying to start it. I edited the Jail click NAT on and then off a couple of times zeroed out the interface and now it's running. Now on to other problems that I am sure will pop up. Thanks for the tip.

Corvette1969

Cadet
I ran into this error after upgrading to 11.3. Plex was dead. and after scouring around and not being able to fix it, I deleted the jail and everything and just started over. Was getting a DHCP error in the beginning. Tried setting to static as above and it would still fail. Turned out to be a setting on my ESXi server. I had to set the NIC to promiscous mode. Once that was done all the dhcp, and above type issues went away. Hope that helps.

wolviex

Cadet
I ran into this error after upgrading to 11.3. Plex was dead. and after scouring around and not being able to fix it, I deleted the jail and everything and just started over. Was getting a DHCP error in the beginning. Tried setting to static as above and it would still fail. Turned out to be a setting on my ESXi server. I had to set the NIC to promiscous mode. Once that was done all the dhcp, and above type issues went away. Hope that helps.
This.. I've been slowly fighting with this for the last couple weeks, and while I'd come across some workarounds (including forcing an ip address at 127.0.0.1 for plex when not using vnet), Promiscuous mode + VNET cleared everything right up. Thanks!

fisherwei

Dabbler
@Bmiest
:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for that weird hack. I used this to install the Gitlab Plugin on Freenas 11.3.

On installing the Gitlab plugin I got something along
"Error: gitlab had failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: stopped gitlab due to VNET failure Partial plugin destroyed."

Using your hack (Advanced config - uncheck DHCP - check NAT - uncheck NAT - set manual IPv4 (not setting the interface)) leaving all other settings as given, the plugin installed smoothly.

thank you very much, saved my life!

chriswatkins

Cadet
I had exactly the same issue as this whilst trying to install the PlexServer plugin on Truenas 12.0-Stable from within a VM hosted on HyperV/Server 2019. I was using google DNS and could resolve and indeed ping "pkg.cdn.trueos.org " via the TrueNas Shell.

Once I enabled "Enable MAC address spoofing" on the VM, I was able to install the plugin absolutely fine.
Capture.PNG

0b1k3n0b1

Cadet
I had exactly the same issue as this whilst trying to install the PlexServer plugin on Truenas 12.0-Stable from within a VM hosted on HyperV/Server 2019. I was using google DNS and could resolve and indeed ping "pkg.cdn.trueos.org " via the TrueNas Shell.

Once I enabled "Enable MAC address spoofing" on the VM, I was able to install the plugin absolutely fine.
View attachment 43913
This fixed it for me. Thank you very much.