VNC keyboard not working properly

YaMoef

Cadet
Hello everyone, I've got FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE-U1 running on my setup. Now I have seen this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2q0FYqWaVo) to install Pihole on ubuntu server (19.04) inside a VM. The install process went well but only when I need to configure something in the terminal my keyboard doesn't work properly when working in the web VNC (i also tried the normal VNC Viewer) My keyboard is configure in ubuntu as a azerty and it types qwerty also my accents and other keys are also not in the right order. This bug is not really a problem for me I will just try every key and see which one I need but i tried every key (even my numpad) and can't find a dot and | this type of sign anyone having a solution what I can do?
please note that i'm a beginner with freenas and everything around it.
Many thanks
YaMoef

KrisBee

Wizard

YaMoef

Cadet
Ok i'll read the workaround but what does the shell do and can i connect trough this?

YaMoef

Cadet
I changed my keyboard to us and update freenas to FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 I can type dots and all the things but i still can't type this symbol:| anyone having an idea how i can type it?

YaMoef

Cadet
I changed my keyboard to us and update freenas to FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1 I can type dots and all the things but i still can't type this symbol:| anyone having an idea how i can type it?
I installed it in another way so everything is fine now thanks!