VNC Issue with VM

asc72

Dabbler
I am trying to start up a brand new VM and I can't get VNC viewer to connect. I am certain I am connecting to the correct IP address and ports.

If I deselect the "wait to boot" option in the VNC device, then my VM immediately stops. I have tried in both the 11 RC and latest nightly. I have tried adding a CD-ISO and disk device and numerous configurations, but still can't seem to connect. Is it possible to setup a new VM from the GUI and an ISO or do I need to work from the CLI?

KrisBee

Wizard
I am trying to start up a brand new VM and I can't get VNC viewer to connect. I am certain I am connecting to the correct IP address and ports.

If I deselect the "wait to boot" option in the VNC device, then my VM immediately stops. I have tried in both the 11 RC and latest nightly. I have tried adding a CD-ISO and disk device and numerous configurations, but still can't seem to connect. Is it possible to setup a new VM from the GUI and an ISO or do I need to work from the CLI?

Short answer: Yes if course can use the webUI, but there are caveats.

Long Answer: Which ISO are you using to create your VM? Does it support UEFI? AFAIK, only the UEFI bootloader is working from the WebUI at the moment, but not necessarily with every OS. What happens if you leave "wait to boot" selected on the VNC device?

asc72

Dabbler
I tried a Linux Mint 64, Ubuntu 17.04 and a Windows ISO. If I leave wait for boot, the VM starts (according to the GUI), but still can't connect via VNC. Usually with the connection refused by host error. I saw other threads with solutions for people getting stuck in the EFI shell, I was assuming they are seeing that from VNC,

asc72

Dabbler
Ok, solved my own problem. It was stupidity on my part. Mistook M for GB on the memory field and did not have enough memory allocated. Once I allocated enough memory, I can connect.

KrisBee

Wizard
Ok, solved my own problem. It was stupidity on my part. Mistook M for GB on the memory field and did not have enough memory allocated. Once I allocated enough memory, I can connect.

Easy done, a red warning on the webUI might be useful.

SavageAUS

Patron
Easy done, a red warning on the webUI might be useful.
Slider menu like virtual box etc for allocating ram would be a suggestion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk