SOLVED VMware Datastore no visible

MG007

Cadet
Hello All,
First post. I usually solve the issues myself but looks like I hit a roadblock after updating from 9.3 to 11.2 U5. The datastore is not visible anymore. I can connect, I can see the NAA LUN information but when I try to scan for datastore to get back my VMs and data, the ESXi host no longer detects it as a datastore.
I updated to Freenas 11.2 U5 from 9.3 then back down to 11.1 U7 after I saw a lot of posts with storage issues. The data is still there in the ZFS pool as I can see the mappings. It's just weird that I cannot get the datastore to register on the host anymore. Is there an issue with ESXi 6.5 and Freenas 11.2 U5? I do have config backups and a snapshot which I have performed rolled back and nothing. Below are the config screenshots. Hope that is enough data to get some help. Thanks.

Attachments

• disk1.PNG
    disk1.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 799
  • disk2.PNG
    disk2.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 750
  • disk3.PNG
    disk3.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 695
  • zfs.PNG
    zfs.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 793

MG007

Cadet
I've solved the issue. Leaving this here just in case there is anyone else.
On the host you are having a similar issue:
1. SSH into the ESXi host
2. Run this command esxcfg-volume -l
This should show the good LUNs that are not mounted. If the command returns empty then that means everything is mounted.
3. If the list returns your LUNs then just mount them with this command esxcfg-volume -m <type just the LUN number from the previous command>
4. Check your Datastores on that host and see that the LUN is now there. If not, just rescan datastore.

Hope that helps anyone.
Thanks.