Video Tutorial showing how to install OpenVPN inside a jail in FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC User

Cadet
I'm a newbie to FreeNAS and I've been reading through various posts in this forum on installing OpenVPN. Some of them are discussing methods that are advance to me and they refer to other posts on "Getting Started". They're sending me back and forth for researching the basic shell commands among other basics and sending me in endless circles of research that leads on endlessly.

I see a number of tutorial videos about FreeNAS on YouTube, but none of them help with a VPN jail in FreeNAS. Could one the the FreeNAS experts in this forum please make a Video Tutorial showing how to install OpenVPN inside a jail in FreeNAS showing the details in each step of the way to get it done?

Thanks very much.

Sokonomi

Contributor
This thread is dreadfully old, but perhaps Vicious had a chance to make one by now. Anyone got a beginners guide to VPN (on freeNAS) stashed somewhere? ;)

I found some text posts about it, but they were a little too advanced for me; Like OP said, they tend to omit a lot of the details, assuming you already know what you are doing (the tutorial/guide kinda loses its point, IMHO..).

Status
Not open for further replies.