Upon restarting Freenas I have to go through the configure network interface.

geronimo1958

Contributor
A couple of times within the last few months I have experienced problems with browsing my SMB shares. Today I tried to delete some files and the system would not do the deletion. I decided to restart the server and after waiting awhile I could not access the shares from my main Windows 10 PC. I go to the IPMI interface and find that FreeNAS has booted but is stuck at the main menu. I go through the configuration of the network interface and now everything is working OK.

What could cause this issue? It has now happened twice. Is this something that is fixed in the latest version? I am still on FreeNAS-11.2-U6.

JaimieV

Guru
I don't know about your config problem, but if you have sudden SMB problems it's quickest to go to Services and stop then start the SMB service.

I don't think that is a U6 bug, but I would recommend updating the the latest STABLE 11.2 on principle.

Slovak

Explorer
I've had a similar issue with AFP and SMB shares - after each reboot of FreeNAS or restart of router (when network connection is temporarily interrupted), I have to go in manually and restart services for the shares to become available.