updating from 11.2 to 11.2-U7

csearle

Contributor
Hey guys, I am currently running FreeNAS-11.2-RELEASE and would love to update to 11.2-U7. Last time I tried to update I lost my Jails and plugins and couldn't install the plugins and had to Start my Nas from scratch.. I would like not to do that and loose all everything I have Stored..

Has anyone else updated and had no issues or had to do minor fixes??

The plugins I am running are Plex and Transmission

Last edited:
Lost your jails? Were they Warden or iocage jails? If they were Warden jails, they would have still been there available through the legacy UI.

csearle

Contributor
Iocage Jails i must add that I was trying to update to 11.2-u6 at the time possibly not to sure and the fix around was to copy some file to a directory, and that's when it fell apart on me and I started from scratch.. and I stuck with 11.2

Personally, I don't recall any gotcha's upgrading through the minor releases in the 11.2 train. Arguably, the most visible change for many users might have been that new SMB shares are no longer granted world read access by default. This change happened somewhere within the 11.2 train.

Last edited:

csearle

Contributor
@Seymour Butt I guess im just being cautious this time don't want to loose my data, I don't have any off line back ups, and looking for a smooth upgrade