Updates needed to Current Build?

Koffi

Cadet
I have had a FreeNAS server running for a year or two for one person home storage use. I normally have Plex, MineOS running modded minecraft for up to 6 family users(normally uses 4-6GB), One blythe VM(2 Vcores + 2GB ram) for torrenting/testing torrents for viruses(gotta love easy wipe-able vms) and teamviewing in to my network when away.

MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth z77 Link
CPU: Intel i5-3570k Quad Core no hyperthreading no OC Link
RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1600 (32GB 4x8) Link
HDDs: boot- PNY 16gb P-FDU16GSLK/RED Link
Main - Raidz1 3x Seagate BarraCuda ST8000DM004 8TB 5400 RPM Link
Secondary(VM pool and jails) - mirror 2x Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM Link

Edit:My MB chipset only has four 6GB/s sata ports three of which are to the raidz1 so I have an extra for the cache ssd
the other two of four 3GB/s sata ports are to the mirrored vm pool/jail drives

Some Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ChLsnyc
PSU does not intake from the bottom. Blanket is there so it doesn't vibrate the wall as much :rolleyes:

I recently had a ton of errors for swap utilization until I restarted the system, I looked and when I installed my raidz1 drives(nov 2018) it took 2 days for it to log some swap utilization until it finally filled slowly and spiked and threw errors about 8 months later when I had a Minecraft server that all of my family played for a week. For the last week it hasn't logged any swap utilization and the MineOS server is just for me now
I have a 120GB SSD that I was looking into maybe using as a cache.. let me know if this would be beneficial.

Any suggestions for upgrading or am I using my hardware in a non-conventional way that could be better used? The main components MB,CPU,Ram,Case are from my old PC but all of the storage is new and hopefully reliable which is my main goal as it's mainly a network drive backup of everything I can't fit on the cloud or on my PC.
Thanks so much in advance.

Last edited: