Updated Nextcloud Plugin in GUI from 14.1 to 17.0.1 - Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported: How to roll back?

pasco

Dabbler
Hi 2gether

Yesterday I updated my freenas to the lastest release. A long time ago I've installed the nextcloud-freenas-plugin (config.jason says it is version 14.1).

Afterwards I went to "Plugins -> Installed" selected the "3 dots" and hit there "Update". I wanted to login to nextcloud. Now I get the "updater-screen" from nextcloud. It says it's on version 17.01 now. If I want to proceed with the update I get following error message: "Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported." I know it means I should first update to v15, and v16 before I could update to v17.

So I'm stuck at this step now. I don't know if there is a possibility to roll back this "update" to v17? By now I also know it's better not to use the freenas-nextcloud-plugin and install it by the script/manually. So my plan is to roll back the update to v17, get back access to my data, backup the important things and install parallel manually a fresh install of nextcloud v17 and migrate my data.

If I go to "Storage -> Snapshots" in the GUI there are three snapshots from the time of update named as following:

FreeNAS/iocage/jails/nextcloud/root@ioc_update_11.2-RELEASE-p6
FreeNAS/iocage/jails/nextcloud@ioc_update_11.2-RELEASE-p6
FreeNAS/iocage/releases/11.2-RELEASE/root@nextcloud

Does this help me to roll back the "update" somehow? If I select the "3 points" at the snapshots there is the option "Rollback". Can I just click there and it should be at the former version (V14.1) again and running?

As a beginner I'm completely stuck here and I appreciate any help for getting running my nextcloud and getting back my data very very much!

Pasco