update to Plex v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

styno

Patron
So Plex announced version 1.0 is ready and ofcourse I couldn't wait.
https://www.plex.tv/blog/long-winding-road-v1-0/
The update was not that difficult but came with a couple of 'bumps'.
  1. make sure your Plex jails have snapshots so you can recover in case something goes wrong.
  2. enter the Plex jail:
    Code:
    [root@yourbox] /# jls
       JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
         1  -               plexmediaserver_1             /mnt/zionpool/jails/plexmediaserver_1
    [root@yourbox] /# jexec 1
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ #
  3. due to the new Plex versioning you'll have to use the latest version of the PMS update script. (https://github.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater)
    Code:
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # mv PMS_Updater.sh PMS_Updater.sh_old
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh --no-check-certificate
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # chmod +x PMS_Updater.sh
  • and update...
    Code:
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # ./PMS_Updater.sh -u name@domain.ext -p yoursecretpassword -a -v
  • after this, the Plex server should be up and running again. In my case, the plugin was not online nor would start due to the ownership of /var/db/plexdata (root instead of plex).
    Code:
    root@plexmediaserver_1:/ # chown -R plex:plex /var/db/plexdata
If you are like me and couldn't wait, you can try the above procedure (again, verify snapshots first!)
You can ofcourse wait for an update of the EXCELLENT plugin.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
There are some issues with the latest Plex update. I'm holding off for a bit until the bugs are fixed.

adrianwi

Guru
It's working fine for me :D

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The issue is with client compatibility. PHT no longer marks things as watched and therefor the resume function doesn't work. If you're a plexpass member then you can use the new PMP and not worry about it. There's also issues with playlists not working if you use that function.

adrianwi

Guru
Not using PHT, but no client issues with iOS and tvOS. Haven't noticed any problems with playlists, but don't use them that much either.

I think they've updated the transcode engine, but can't say I've noticed any real differences from 0.9.16.6 so no immediate reason to upgrade.

styno

Patron
Last edited:

maglin

Patron
Working great for my Apple TV client. I don't care about the others as they aren't mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curufinwe_wins

Dabbler
The plugin update has been added. I tried updating my service, but now my plex server is impossible for me to reach. Whenever I try to close the service it pauses for a few minutes then fails and claims to be still up. I've tried reinstalling and restarting server etc etc. I know what the ip address ought to be for the port forward, but locally on the network I just get a "refused the connection" error. I'm not very well versed in the cmd debugging for this OS, anyone got ideas on what is going on?

styno

Patron
I would enter the Plex jail and check the permissions on /var/db/plexdata first. If they are not plex:plex you'll have to change them recursively.

kdbaumann

Explorer
Anyone know if the DVR Plex Beta has been moved to the plugin yet? Who does the plugin? Thanks! I know most won't want the beta, but I do. In fact I would be willing to run a beta and the released on the same machine...

Nick2253

Wizard

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I highly doubt it, the latest version of Plex just showed up in the package repository.

adrianwi

Guru
Anyone know if the DVR Plex Beta has been moved to the plugin yet? Who does the plugin? Thanks! I know most won't want the beta, but I do. In fact I would be willing to run a beta and the released on the same machine...

This is only available from the Plex forum, and isn't even in the plexpass version on the website, so I can't see it turning up in any packages/ports or plugins. You should be able to download if from there and run in a separate jail though, assuming you have a plexpass subscription.

kdbaumann

Explorer
This is only available from the Plex forum, and isn't even in the plexpass version on the website, so I can't see it turning up in any packages/ports or plugins. You should be able to download if from there and run in a separate jail though, assuming you have a plexpass subscription.

Ok will give that a try. Thanks. Appreciate the pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.