Unsupported SCSI OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

losip

Cadet
HI,

My FreeNAS 8.0.2 is working fine and I normally leave well alone but I just connected a display to the console port and see that, every few seconds, I am getting the following two messages alernating:

freenas istgt[1826]: istgt_lu_disk.c:6661:istgt_lu_disk_execute: ***ERROR*** unsupported SCSI OP=0x85
freenas istgt[1826]: istgt_lu_disk.c:6661:istgt_lu_disk_execute: ***ERROR*** unsupported SCSI OP=0xa1

Should I worry? What does it mean? No changes have taken place since I last observed it working properly without these console messages.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

Zerxez

Cadet
I am getting a similar error on FreeNAS 8

unsupported SCSI OP=0xa1 In my case the error isn't repeated constantly just when I connect to the target with a utility. I would just like to know what the error is and if it will effect any of my uses for the server. I have done several searches in the forum and on the internet at large and am not finding much.

Thank you

Zerxez

Cadet
Same here

I am using Windows 7 Pro x64 fully updated and Server Std 2008 R2 SP1 x64 fully updated.

J

James

Are either of you running a SMART monitor or other disk or system health monitoring software? If so, which one?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
The codes are both for ATA Pass-through. My guess is that it's harmless probing of device capabilities by the driver or some middlelayer.

losip

Cadet
I agree that it's probably harmles: everything seems to be working OK. It's just a nuisance in that the repeated messages obliterate any other message on the console. I had hoped this issue might have been addressed in 8.3 (which I've just upgraded to) but apprently not. It would be nice if FreeNAS could "support" the opcodes by ignoring them!

Status
Not open for further replies.