UniFi (not LTS) update

Hi folks - does anyone know when the UniFI plugin (not the LTS version) will be updated to 5.12.66?

Thanks!

mspalacios

Cadet
I'm trying to migrate from current controller which is already updated to 5.12.66 and the backup won't restore on the older version. Help, please!

Do you have a backup from prior to your upgrade? You can use that version to restore to an earlier version.

I suggest that you jump on the UniFi Community forum where you might get better information. That said, I don't think you can restore a new config to an older version of the controller.

mspalacios

Cadet
Unfortunately I don’t have a backup that far back. Will have to keep a VM I guess jus to run UniFi until the plugin gets updated.

That's the reason why I went back to a VM. Back when I was running UniFi on docker that one was updated within a day. This one doesn't seem to have a update cadence that suited me.

mccann73

Dabbler
I am interested in this as well, the latest UniFI (v5.12.72) has now been released and you cant load the config from an earlier version. I am not sure how community plugins as managed, if they are at all, and who we can contact for some assistance in updating the plugin?

I suspect that they are managed by the community provider. It is up to that provider to update the plugin.

I gave up on the UniFi plugin and and went back to a Ubuntu VM (on ESXi).

mccann73

Dabbler
Agreed, I am running a windows version at the moment just to get it working, it was very handy to have it as a plugin though, nice central location to manage my UniFi devices. I might have to have a go on creating my own plugin :). I remember there were some instructions on the forum somewhere....

Thanks

cloud

Dabbler
I suspect that they are managed by the community provider. It is up to that provider to update the plugin.
I gave up on the UniFi plugin and and went back to a Ubuntu VM (on ESXi).

How do we identify the community provider for a particular Plugin?

I am interested in this as well, the latest UniFI (v5.12.72) has now been released and you cant load the config from an earlier version. I am not sure how community plugins as managed, if they are at all, and who we can contact for some assistance in updating the plugin?

You can try these instructions:

SSH to your FreeNAS box and run: jexec <jailname> csh (or iocage console [plugin name])
Update ports: portsnap fetch extract
Change to directory /usr/ports/net-mgmt/unifi5
Stop UniFi: service unifi stop
Build and re-install: make deinstall reinstall all clean
Start UniFi: service unifi start