Unexplained failure installing port

Status
Not open for further replies.

wharf

Cadet
I'm trying to install the sun (Oracle) Java package (java/linux-sun-jre16 specifically, by adding "add_port java/linux-sun-jre17" in nanobsd/os-base if it matters. Hacky I'm sure). I've managed to install emulators/linux_base-f10 and sysutils/linux-procps, so I know I'm on the right track, but when I run build/do_build.sh, all I get is this cryptic error message:

"00:02:51 ## [155/199] customize "add_port_java_linux-sun-jre17"
00:02:51 ### log: /usr/local/trunk/os-base/amd64/_.cust.add_port_java_linux-sun-jre17
do_build.sh: ERROR: FreeNAS /usr/local/trunk/nanobsd/os-base build FAILED; please check above log for more details

That's seriously all the relevant logged details. I suspect this is because the package needs "jre-7u13-linux-i586.tar.gz" in distutils before it can build, but I've copied this file into every distutils folder I can find (os-base/amd64/ports/distfiles/, FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/, and os-base/amd64/_.w/usr/ports/distfiles/). Also, the package builds from FreeBSD via "portmaster java/linux-sun-jre16".

Does anyone know what I can do to solve this? Or at least get a more helpful error message? (passing -v to nanobsd-options doesn't seem to have any effect...)

wharf

Cadet
doh! It turns out FreeNAS' port tree is behind FreeBSDs. I needed jre-7u4-linux-i586.tar.gz. I really wish I'd had better logging for that, but hey, it works! :)

ProtoSD

MVP
The whole building process can be a bit counter-intuitive.

FreeNAS is version 8.3 of FreeBSD

The jail is 8.0, and then a chroot environment gets created during the build and I don't remember which version that uses.

_.w/usr/ports/distfiles is built for the chroot environment and so it either gets copied from /usr/ports or from your source-tree/FreeBSD/ports

Ugghhhh...:rolleyes:

I haven't touched the source since August or September, it just got too frustrating trying to figure out what caused the cascade of errors, you fix one, and 10 others come along. Trying to get Java to play nice with all of that was the worst. I tried Java 7, but in the end went back to 6. I'm sure if you get far enough along you'll discover the same issues.

Good luck

Allen

Dabbler
Hello, I have read your thread ("Unexplained failure installing port"). Now I want to add a port("add_port java/openjdk7"), but always failed, could you tell me how to do?

D

dlavigne

Post the command you are using to install the port and the resulting error.

wharf

Cadet
This is an older port, but it added openjdk7 to FreeNAS 8.3 and may be useful (particularly the diff). https://github.com/bionoren/freenas/tree/stable/8.3-openjdk
Logging information can be hard to get, so I would recommend poking around in nanobsd/common and directing command output to log file. They tended to end up in os-base/amd64/ (for an x86_64 build). It's pretty wild - good luck!

Allen

Dabbler
Post the command you are using to install the port and the resulting error.
Thank you. Maybe you can help me solve the problem. Some pictures with the error I got:

QQ图片20140401082348.jpg QQ图片20140401092533.jpg QQ图片20140401092617.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Status
Not open for further replies.