Unable to start any jails or plugins

SillyPosition

Dabbler
Hi everyone,
New to freenas, I installed 11.2 just today.
I have one LAN input configured with DHCP right now, and its working properly.
I configured jails to be on one of my pools, and I try to start a new plugin, and receive the following error:
Code:
[EFAULT] Exception: RuntimeError: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 
Stopped qbittorrent due to DHCP failure occured, destroyed qbittorrent.

If I try to configure the same plugin, but without DHCP, by specifying a specific ip (outside of my dhcp ip range), specify the subnet mask, I get this:
Code:

[EFAULT] Exception: CallError:[EFAULT] pkg.cdn.trueos.org could not be reached via DNS, check your network occured, destroyed qbittorrent.

But that CDN is reachable, If I go to my freenas via ssh Im able to ping/nslookup it.

Same goes with jails, I tried to configure a very basic simple jail without touching any of the settins, and I get, with DHCP, this error:
Code:
+ Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped a due to DHCP failure
Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback: 
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
    r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
    res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
    return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
    return methodobj(*params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 542, in start
    iocage.start()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 1654, in start
    callback=self.callback
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 66, in __init__
    self.__start_jail__()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_start.py", line 449, in __start_jail__
    _callback=self.callback)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
    _callback(content, exception)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
    raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError:   + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8

Stopped a due to DHCP failure
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
    result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1109, in call_method
    return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1046, in _call
    return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
    job,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
    return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError:   + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8

Stopped a due to DHCP failure

If I configure the jail with static IP, then it starts, but when I open shell and try to run 'ifconfig', I see only the loopback interface.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Do you have a default gateway configured on main system?

SillyPosition

Dabbler
Do you have a default gateway configured on main system?
Yes, Under "Network" I have my interface configured properly and default gateway too.
Internet connectivity operates normally and even starting a virtual machine with DHCP didnt raise any issues

D

dlavigne

Something is preventing the jail from receiving a DHCP lease. Are there any firewalls/proxies in the way? Any reservations or MAC restrictions on the DHCP server?