Unable to login after install

SJPadbury

Cadet
Ok, so I'm installing it on VMWare, load the ISO in vmware remote console, boot, run through the installer, and enter passwords for both root and a created user.
Once Install completes and it reboots, I connect on http, https, and ssh, and on all 3 both the root and the created user are unable to login. I nuked the install and started over from scratch, picked a relatively simple password (letters only) due to the inability to copy/paste into the console, so I'm certain I'm getting this password correct, but I'm still unable to get in, with an invalid login credentials error on the GUI, and a recover credentials link that doesn't appear to do anything (because having never logged in, no password is set.)
I'm open to suggestions on things to try, or I can just try this again from scratch tomorrow.

Thank You.

aervin

iXsystems
iXsystems
Sorry for the trouble @SJPadbury . The GUI users are distinct from the users created during installation (at the OS level). After installing the appliance, you'll need to enter these credentials during your first GUI session: user: admin | pass: admin. From there, you'll be prompted to create your first GUI user.

Please let me know if you run into further difficulties. Thanks for trying out the beta!

SJPadbury

Cadet
Ok, I created the user now. More out of curiosity than anything else, where are those users actually used? Because I couldn't use them for SSH either?

kenmoore

TrueCommand Project Lead
iXsystems
The user that is created during the installation is only used for SSH access to the TrueCommand system. SSH via the root user is disabled by default for security. Of course, this can be changed post-install as needed.

sretalla