Unable to log into qBittorrent web UI

exactly, the jail starts automatically but qbittorrent needs the 'service qbittorrent-nox start' command to work. I also tried changing the script as in this guide, but nothing. I also tried restarting truenas, but nothing changes.
I just realized, it's misspelled in your rc.conf file.

qbittorrent. You need two R's.

DasModell

Cadet
Start from scratch:
  1. from the TrueNAS GUI go to the "Jails" section and add a new jail
  2. configure the jail as default, give it a name, choose "13.2-RELEASE" and then give it an IP address and, if you want, set it to auto-start
  3. start it and then go to the shell (i usually use Putty but it's the same using the one integrated in the GUI)
  4. run the command jexec X csh where X is the number of the jail (you can find it in the jails page or running the command jls)
  5. once in the shell of the jail run these commands (if it asks to confirm always type y):
    • pkg
    • pkg install qbittorrent-nox (it will also download all the libraries and dependecies) it should automatically install the 4.5.3 version
    • service qbittorrent-nox start
    • using a browser of your choice, visit the webUI (IP address assigned earlier:8080) and log in using the standard credentials
    • optional: change immediately the password
    • set the service to start at boot: use the editor of your choice to add 'qbittorrent_enable="YES"' without single quotes to /etc/rc.conf
  6. exit the shell and reboot the jail (or the entire NAS) to check if everything is working after a reboot
I'm on the same Core version, so i hope this will help.

I'm trying to use this guide to install qbittorrent .. but I'm having trouble with
  • service qbittorrent-nox start
I get:
" qbittorrent-nox does not exist in /etc/rc.d or local startup directories (/usr/local/etc/rc.d) , or is not executable "

I can start it with "qbittorrent-nox", start webUI, set new password., etc
I can close qbittorrent-nox with CTR+C in the jail shell, use qbittorrent-nox again and webui works with user and password set before
If i restart the jail qbittorrent starts but the webui user and pass are no longer working

I can install it from the plugins sections with autojail creation, but can't find the random password that is set on starup :(

any ideas?