Unable to install Syncthing Plugin

okynnor

Explorer
Hi,

I'm trying to install Syncthing on my FreeNAS 11.2U8.
I'm encountering this problem after and when I press on 'install' for Syncthing.

('Dataset with path not found',)

Thinking that it's a dataset permission to my pool, I approved access for all plugin to access my pool. It didn't work.

One thing I should share is that my box attempted and was upgraded to 11.3U1. Because the FTP feature is still broken in 11.3U1, I set the boot environment back to 11.2U8. So I am trying to add a new feature by using Syncthing. Another thing, the ZFS pool was never upgraded as notifications from 11.3U1 pointed that I should do.

What am I doing wrong? Or what am I missing?

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 166, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1093, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1037, in _call
return await self._call_worker(name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1058, in _call_worker
return await self.run_in_proc(main_worker, name, args, job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 990, in run_in_proc
return await async_run_in_executor(loop, executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/utils/asyncio_.py", line 41, in async_run_in_executor
raise result
libzfs.ZFSException: ('Dataset with path not found',)

Thanks!

Okynnor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.34.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 10.34.27 AM.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

okynnor

Explorer
I wanted to write my resulting course of action given the amount of issues which I've described in this thread. Thanks to clindenw, I have followed his advise and to reinstall FreeNAS. The most current version as of this writing is 11.3U1. I didn't move my data to the Cloud first. I simply reinstalled FreeNAS, then I didn't restore the configuration. I chose to redo all my Services from scratch by reattaching the Pool with all the data intact. It worked! The following services were fully restored:

1. iSCSI
2. FTP
3. SMB
4. NFS

I was successful in installing SyncThing too. I notice that how Jails are handled have changed when moving from 11.2 U8 to 11.3U1.

All the services are working

A word of caution though. Make sure that you're really, really sure before upgrading. Once you do, and things don't work as they should, rolling back the boot environment doesn't fix things and can make things more complicated.