Unable to import volume - not showing in list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasper9714

Dabbler
I tried to update my FreeNas box today using the nice shiny button in the GUI, which resulted in the machine failing halfway during the update, and being unable to boot. I downloaded the latest OS from the site, put it on a usb stick, and installed it on the machine manually. I now have a problem with importing my existing volume; when I go to Volumes > Import Volume it isn't shown.

zpool import doesn't give me anything
zpool import Volume (= the name of the volume, I'm very creative):
Code:
cannot import 'Volume': a pool with that name is already created/imported,
and no additional pools with that name were found 

zpool status
Code:
  pool: Volume                                                                                                                     
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                     
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h40m with 0 errors on Sat Mar 19 16:40:10 2016                                                        
config:                                                                                                                            

NAME                                            STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                 
        Volume                                          ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
          mirror-0                                      ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/cc3679d5-af47-11e5-aaa1-d05099c08418  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 
            gptid/ccf5c513-af47-11e5-aaa1-d05099c08418  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                 

errors: No known data errors                                                                                                       

pool: freenas-boot                                                                                                               
state: ONLINE                                                                                                                     
status: Some supported features are not enabled on the pool. The pool can                                                          
        still be used, but some features are unavailable.                                                                          
action: Enable all features using 'zpool upgrade'. Once this is done,                                                              
        the pool may no longer be accessible by software that does not support                                                     
        the features. See zpool-features(7) for details.                                                                           
  scan: none requested                                                                                                             
config:                                                                                                                            

NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM                                                                                     
        freenas-boot  ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                   
          da0p2     ONLINE       0     0     0                                                                                     

errors: No known data errors     

Does anyone know how I can import the volume, and get access to my data once again?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That's because the zpool is already mounted. :P You can't mount it if its mounted. :D

Jasper9714

Dabbler
That's because the zpool is already mounted. :p You can't mount it if its mounted. :D
That's what I figured, until I saw that I had no volumes... "No entry has been found"
g1qasEw.png

EDIT: When I browse through the files on the machine using SFTP, I can see all the datasets under /mnt/Volumes, however they do not show in the web UI. How can I fix this?

Last edited:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
# zpool export Volume

Then import from the WebGUI.

The only way this would have happened was if you import the zpool from the CLI yourself, which you shouldn't have done... and is responsible for you having trouble importing. ;)

Jasper9714

Dabbler
# zpool export Volume

The only way this would have happened was if you import the zpool from the CLI yourself, which you shouldn't have done... and is responsible for you having trouble importing. ;)
Thanks! I don't remember importing it from command line, but I was kinda tired and mad (got hit with ransomware), so I may have. I got it all working now.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Thanks! I don't remember importing it from command line, but I was kinda tired and mad (got hit with ransomware), so I may have. I got it all working now.
Redirect your anger into laughter at how ZFS allows you to recover from morons trying to encrypt your data.

Send them a picture of the data restored to piss them off.

mikef80

Cadet
# zpool export Volume

Thank you for this. I just reset my Freenas to factory default via the GUI, then tried to import my volume. I could see the disks, but couldn't see the volume.

Followed your post from above to the letter (except the volume name) and it's all back up and running now.

Now just to figure out how to map these as Network drives in windows 10 - been having issues with this for months and can't access the data on the drives at the moment.

Cyberjock - I think I see you on every post that I ever look up. Thank you for all your advice - you've got me this far.....so far.....

Status
Not open for further replies.