Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

Unable to connect to network

SteffanCline

I've run into something really odd. On my Dell R720XD, I tried/installed both available versions of FreeNAS from the downloads page and both have this exact issue. I googled and googled but nothing helpful came up. The install goes fine but after entering the static IP in option #1, the router in option #4 and then the DNS, I try to do a ping to the router from the shell and nothing goes through. It shows me the IP to connect to the web interface but that doesn't work either. I'm positive the hardware is fine. I've had CentOS 7/8 and Fedora 31 on it. It has the standard 4 port NIC card plus I have an Intel 4 port NIC card that's not connected. The same Intel NIC card is installed on a R710 that's fine. I have 4 QLE2662 cards in it for FC. I reset the settings and rebooted several times on both versions but it's always the same result.

What could cause this?

Last edited:

SteffanCline

I think I figured out the issue. The OS is not assigning the NIC ports int he same order as CentOS or Fedora. What should be 0 comes up as 2. Fine. I have no idea how the other ports are mapped. What causes this?