Unable to boot

Chanksa

Cadet
I used system ASRock C2750D4I, Seasonic G-360, 2x 8GB Kingston KVR16LSE11/8KF, 6x WD Red 4TB in RaidZ2, USB SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB for several years without problems. Mostly SMB shares for documents, audio and Plex. After unscheduled restart system stopped working. I received email, that it started properly again, but FreeNAS services stopped working. Initially, I awas able to access IPMI, found no issues, only old bios. Tried to update it, but it freezed in the middle and after several hours I switched it off manually. Now, router don't see IPMI. MOBO gets power, but POST do not start, no VGA signal. I changed bios battery, tried to use just one RAM, switched RAM pairs position, without any success. I presume that bios is corrupted, but without post I was not able to update it from DOS. I can't access Instant Flesh without bios.
Any suggestions how to go further?

Redcoat

MVP
Take a look here https://www.ixsystems.com/community...oor-customer-service.45762/page-4#post-431926 and the linked threads.
These boards had at least one problem at the time of supply - the Intel processor had a fault that lead to early failure. Some reporters here had good treatment under warranty from either Asrock or iXsystems (depending on the system/supplier). I suggest you try your luck with William at Asrock - you find references in the threads.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Chanksa

Cadet
Thanks for quick response, I am going to search deeper next time. My MoBo was over 5y old, and see the easiest way to replace it.