trying to get mono 5.20 into a jail

Dirk

Patron
Been trying for days to upgrade to Mono 5.20 with 5.10 having problems with Sonarr, and then found after installing 6.8.1.105? that it also has problems.
There are some guides for going from 5.10 to 5.20 but they are broken and eventually leading to a a "f### #t lets just install 6.8.x.x which also has problems for Sonarr.
My question is how to install 5.20 when no package is available. Happy to work at the command line, just cant seem to get ti done and have about 25 hours into it.
Server has been down for over three weeks now due to Freenas upgrade to 11.3 removing access to legacy install and going on its merry way for bringing over the legacy plugins which started the whole mess.
Simply put, how can I get mono 5.20 into Freebsd 11.3 Jail? There is no package for 5.20, and the make file for it always errors out.

Thanks

Dirk

Patron
No. If i remember correctly what I have now is the new version of Sonarr running in a jail with it's installed version of mono, and radarr running on mono 5.10.
Nobody ever had a solution to installing mono 5.2 in a jail. And as you can see from the lack of response to this thread, no help.

raidflex

Guru
No. If i remember correctly what I have now is the new version of Sonarr running in a jail with it's installed version of mono, and radarr running on mono 5.10.
Nobody ever had a solution to installing mono 5.2 in a jail. And as you can see from the lack of response to this thread, no help.

You will need to build from ports to install mono 5.20. I used this guide in the past and it worked fine. I have an 11.3 jail running mono 5.20, no issues with Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr etc.

Dirk

Patron
You will need to build from ports to install mono 5.20. I used this guide in the past and it worked fine. I have an 11.3 jail running mono 5.20, no issues with Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr etc.

That was the first guide I followed, and spent many hours trying. If you read the thread through, you will see things deteriorate and problems come up with people abandoning the guide in favor of 6.8 which caused its own set of problems.
The guide should be marked as unusable. Even the author admits it doesn't work.

ChaosBlades

Contributor
Here is a mono-6.8.0.96.txz package. You should be able to place it in your jailyou want to install mono on. Navigate to that folder then run 'pkg install mono-6.8.0.96.txz'. You should be good to go then. I have been using this version for months with no issues on sonarr, radarr, lidarr, and jackett.

The port has been updated since the last patch was created so it doesn't work anymore from my understanding. The code review thread to actually get a version bump has not had any updates for 2 months and .net core on FreeBSD has not made much progress. So we are basically stuck on 5.10 except for the 5.20 package on my original thread and the one I have linked above.

Dirk

Patron
Thanks chaos, is it known to work with BOTH radarr and sonarr?

ChaosBlades

Contributor
I have been running that on Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, and Jackett for months now. No issues.

Edit: on my original post on updating someone else uploaded a bunch of other packages of mono that you can try if you have issues.

Dirk

Patron
Thanks. Working from memory I think it was Sonarr 3 that had an issue with Mono 6.X and Radarr did not.

ChaosBlades

Contributor
Sonarr/Radarr 3 is beta. Don't use it unless you plan on helping with development. It will have bugs.

mrbrax

Cadet
Sonarr/Radarr 3 is beta. Don't use it unless you plan on helping with development. It will have bugs.

Not really true. It's been in beta for probably years now, and I've used it for at least half a year. No bugs for me, and tons of new features. Sonarr 2 is dead.

Dirk

Patron
Not really true. It's been in beta for probably years now, and I've used it for at least half a year. No bugs for me, and tons of new features. Sonarr 2 is dead.

Yup. The problems I had precipitated the move to Sonarr 3, and it has been stable for months. They worked out the bug with Mono 6.X within a month. I would not hesitate to suggest people move to it.

ChaosBlades

Contributor
I have never had any issues with Sonarr/Radarr v2. Everything just works. It is really just set and forget right now. Occasionally it downloads Stereo instead of 5.1 Surround and I have to ban a release group but that is about it. Lidarr (based on Sonarr v3) on the other hand... I won't update until they push it to master branch.