Trying out TrueNAS 12 Core

clausdk

Dabbler
The new TrueNAS 12 core looks great. Seems like a lot of small fixes gets fixed every day and SMB works again. The only real weird bug I have with the all versions is the iSCSI breaks the ZFS volumes somehow. You can create a new ZFS volume + add it to the iSCSI and it works. But after a restart it does this

chrome_6uu4GpXIZF.png

Version ~TrueNAS-12.0-MASTER-202004100424

Yorick

Wizard
Log a bug on jira via system->support! IxSystems has been great in squashing the bugs I’ve reported. The more people bang around on it outside production and log bugs they find, the more solid this will be when it releases. Points about “unpaid beta testing” taken, only help with the testing if you get some fun out of it, obviously.

clausdk

Dabbler
I accidentally pressed ENTER while creating the report... And it seems you can't edit it after you have posted it. You know I can edit it?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Their JIRA is configured rather restrictively for reporters. What I do in this case is add a comment asking to delete that issue and start over with a fresh one. It would be great if end users could edit more things in issues after the fact. Why not on a merit based system? Many developers and admins alike use JIRA for their daily work, anyway.

When they started, not even {code} tags and the like worked ;)

Patrick

elorimer

Contributor
I was physically moving a three disk Z1 install (11.3U2) into a new case and this happened to one of the disks, which showed as unavailable and the pool degraded. I haven't found any way to get the disk going again in any other system, and in particular, it shows this dialog in Windows 10. From that point initializing fails with an i/o error. I'll be following your bug for possibilities even though it sounds entirely different.

Yorick

Wizard
@elorimer That's entirely different. It sounds like your disk failed. In OP's case, the pool is fine, it's the iSCSI target that has issues.