Register for the iXsystems Community to get an ad-free experience and exclusive discounts in our eBay Store.

TrueNAS 12.0 Schedule

Homdax

I am back!

This looks awesome and I regret having abandoned my FreeNAS for other ventures, but I recently got more hardware and while having an ESXi running, there is only so much you can get as a small SOHO with no real dedicated server expenditure. FreeNAS and eventually TrueNAS seems to be the way to go. I only hope you have no CPU compatibility limitations as the ones VMWare have implemented for Xeon X5650.

ornias

I am back!

This looks awesome and I regret having abandoned my FreeNAS for other ventures, but I recently got more hardware and while having an ESXi running, there is only so much you can get as a small SOHO with no real dedicated server expenditure. FreeNAS and eventually TrueNAS seems to be the way to go. I only hope you have no CPU compatibility limitations as the ones VMWare have implemented for Xeon X5650.
FreeBSD cpu compatibility seems quite decent... (besides some powersaving issues and some flukes with early ryzen, but lets be real: every OS had early ryzen issues)
In the end it's somewhat close to just being BSD with a GUI sauce, so it should run about the same hardware compatibility CPU wise...

Homdax

I also saw they are implementing 2FA with 12 so that is also something I am hoping for.

Kris Moore

VP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
I am back!

Welcome back! :)