Trouble With Permissions?

Chesse

Explorer
Hi, so I've had my NAS for a while now. I've never had many issues with it and all the other ones ended up being my fault and I was able to fix them easily.

Before, I had my NAS just connected to my PC via my router's LAN. Now I've set it back up and connected it to a switch, and set it back up. Everything works better now... EXCEPT the fact I now for some reason have permission issues. I can read and see files and folders on the server, but I can't transfer files to/from or create them on the server. Any ideas? It's a Windows share.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi, so I've had my NAS for a while now. I've never had many issues with it and all the other ones ended up being my fault and I was able to fix them easily.

Before, I had my NAS just connected to my PC via my router's LAN. Now I've set it back up and connected it to a switch, and set it back up. Everything works better now... EXCEPT the fact I now for some reason have permission issues. I can read and see files and folders on the server, but I can't transfer files to/from or create them on the server. Any ideas? It's a Windows share.
When you connect have connected to the share from a Windows client, type the command smbstatus from the CLI on the FreeNAS server. This will show you which user you have authenticated as. The most likely explanation is that for some reason you're coming in as a guest account with read-only access.