Trouble accessing Freenas via web login and setting up network interfaces

starkolima

Cadet
Hi all,

I'm new to Freenas and networking in general. I have Freenas 9.10 installed on a HP Proliant Microserver (Gen 8 I think).
I have access to the console with a keyboard and screen, and am trying to login to ilO 4 via the network. Freenas says to try 192.168.1.69 and this does show the iLO Proliant login. But I can't login, no matter what password I set via the console. I used the reset to factory defaults option just to make sure it's not something I messed up before. I don't get it, but then again I am very much a noob at this. Does anyone have any tips?

Another thing that I'm having trouble with is configuring the network interfaces in the console setup. I am offered the choice:
1) bge0
2) bge1

I have no idea which one I should choose or why. But trying to set either in this way:
reset: n
DHCP: n
IPv4: y
interface name:
IPv4 Address: 192.168.1.8
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
IPv6: n

gives me the error:
[datetime] freenas mDNSResponder: mDNS_Register_internal: ERROR! Tried to register AuthRecord 00000000014A7D60 freenas.local. (Addr) that's already in the list
[datetime] freenas mDNSResponder: mDNS_Register_internal: ERROR! Tried to register AuthRecord 00000000014A8180 8.1.168.192.in-addr.arpa. (PTR) that's already in the list

It doesn't seem to matter what IP-address I assign, it's always the same error.

I would very much appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

D

dlavigne

Is this a brand new install or an old install? 9.10 is an old version.