Trojan.GenericKD.33607943???

LMB

Dabbler
Hi all. Silly question but I need to ask it, just in case.

I use chrome or firefox to log o UI. However with Chrome I get this message:

c01.PNG

Of course I ignore it and go to the address "anyway".

But then I check my Bitdefender and it comes up with this message:

c02.PNG

Any ideas why Bitdefender flags this up?

Thanks.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

I don't see anything in the description of that threat that would match with what you're seeing...

It's a Windows virus, distributed via email.

Perhaps something in the scanning heuristics is flagging some of the code from the FreeNAS UI.

There's a very small chance that someone has made a variant that infects web servers and it has somehow made its way onto your FreeNAS UI webhost (like 0.00000000001%).

See if you can submit a sample to bitdefender as a false positive and maybe they'll confirm it's just a mistake.

LMB

Dabbler

I don't see anything in the description of that threat that would match with what you're seeing...

It's a Windows virus, distributed via email.

Perhaps something in the scanning heuristics is flagging some of the code from the FreeNAS UI.

There's a very small chance that someone has made a variant that infects web servers and it has somehow made its way onto your FreeNAS UI webhost (like 0.00000000001%).

See if you can submit a sample to bitdefender as a false positive and maybe they'll confirm it's just a mistake.

What is strange about it is that Bitdefender flags up issues in IE, Edge, Chrome, but there are no issues in Firefox. Also, I checked all 3 NASes I run and I get the same issues. Different computers wirth BD, and I get the same "result". However I have a laptop with KIS, and no issues.

I will contact BD support but I do not expect them to be helpful at all though...

sretalla