Transmission via OpenVPN

SAINT

Dabbler
Hello all, I've been looking into this for hours and I only seem to be making things worse, so I figured I'd just ask for help.

I have a VPN server set up on a VPS, and the VPN client set up in a Transmission jail on FreeNAS as per the following guide (though I'm using my own VPN, rather than PIA):
https://www.reddit.com/r/freenas/comments/41fhz3/configuration_guide_for_openvpn_and_ipfw_so_that/
I've checked my IP from the jail, and it is definitely routing through the VPN. I'm also able to ping external websites using DNS suggesting I have internet connectivity within the jail. However, none of my torrents are connecting to peers. I've tried the VPN on a windows machine with transmission, and its working fine, so I don't think it's an issue with the jail itself. Transmission was also working fine before routing it through the VPN, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with that. That said, I've tried disabling all the related services, and I still can't connect to peers. I'm guessing it has something to do with one of the config files I edited, or maybe the IPFW rules, but I can't figure it out! Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm really stuck here.

Thanks in advance for your help!