Transmission permission denied after changing storage of couchpotato jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimon

Contributor
I recently encountered problem with sickrage, deleting movies downloaded via couchpotato because the output folder of sickrage and couchpotato were the same. So I edited the storage of my couchpotato jail /media/downloads. After that I got errors when a movie was downloaded:

transmission_1 transmission-daemon[9193]: Couldn't create "//Downloads": Permission denied (file-posic.c:189)
.... transmission_1: MovieFileIDownloaded error moving "/media/incomplete/MovieFileIDownloaded.mkv" to "//Downloads/MovieFileIDownloaded.mkv" Unable to create dorectory of new file: Pemission denied

This is the storages for my jails:

Source Destination
transmission_1 /mnt/ZFSPool/Downloads /media/downloads
transmission_1 /mnt/ZFSPool/TorrentFiles /media/Torrentfiles
transmission_1 /mnt/ZFSPool/newStuff /media/newStuff
transmission_1 /mnt/ZFSPool/download-alt /media/download-alt
transmission_1 /mnt/ZFSPool/download-alt /media/incomplete

couchpotato_2 /mnt/ZFSPool/download-alt /media/downloads
couchpotato_2 /mnt/ZFSPool/neStuff /media/newStuff

The only thing I changed was changing the downloadfolder of my couchpotato jail. It was /mnt/ZFSPool/download before.

What did I wrong?

Is the owner of this dataset root? If so you should change it to whatever user the old location is.

zimon

Contributor
The owner is nobody. I also just saw that when I go to the couchpootato jail in /media/downloads I see the content of /mnt/ZFSPool/Downloads which was the old one and not /mnt/ZFSPool/Downloads-alt.

Then the storage for the jail is still configured wrong. Go to Jails>Storage and modify the source entry /mnt/ZFSpool/Downloads to reflect the new location /mnt/ZFSPool/Downloads-alt.

zimon

Contributor
no its not, I refreshed the webgui but it is still wrong. The webgui sais .../Downloads-alt but the content in /media/downloads is the old one. (when I go to the jail)
After I restarted the jail /media/downloads points to the correct dataset.

So you have to restart the jail?

The mount should be updated immediately I would think, but a jail restart cant hurt.

zimon

Contributor
Unfortunately I encountered again the exact same problem. But now the couchpotato /media/downloads points to the correct folder, I double checked it.
I also do not understand this part:
Code:
...: Couldn't create "//Downloads": Permission denied
why does tranmission wants to create a Downloads folder?
And this part is also strange:
Code:
error moving "media/inclomplete/movieFile.mkv" to "//Downloads/movieFile.mkv" unable to create directory for new file

I think this should me /media/downloads-alt. But even it it would be the old downloads folder is should be /media/downloads right? not //Downloads...

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately I encountered again the exact same problem. But now the couchpotato /media/downloads points to the correct folder, I double checked it.
I also do not understand this part:
Code:
...: Couldn't create "//Downloads": Permission denied
why does tranmission wants to create a Downloads folder?
And this part is also strange:
Code:
error moving "media/inclomplete/movieFile.mkv" to "//Downloads/movieFile.mkv" unable to create directory for new file

I think this should me /media/downloads-alt. But even it it would be the old downloads folder is should be /media/downloads right? not //Downloads...
that is the default downloads folder for transmission and will not work. you should set this properly in the transmission webui, or config, or remote interface

zimon

Contributor
yep that was the problem. I changed it and it works now.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.