Transmission GUI Remove/Delete doesn't

veldthui

Dabbler
Trying out Transmission and have it working. Have it downloading to /media and have a mount point pointed at that with permissions that should be okay (group 921 ID).
Using The remote from Windows 10 to add torrents etc and it is working fine. I then went to remove two of the torrents I was testing and used the Remove Torrent and Delete Data.

The torrent was removed but the data was still in the folder. I could delete the file from Windows okay. I am assuming it is a permissions problem but not sure how to track it down. I have the owner set as myself and added myself to the transmission group I created and set the group to transmission.

Any help appreciated.

Try running Transmission as your user and or group 921 via the transmission jail's /etc/rc.conf file. Here is mine as an example. Change "media" to your user and group. SSH to FreeNAS host and enter: (EDIT where appropriate).

iocage exec TRANSMISSION
pkg install nano -y && nano /etc/rc.conf assuming you do not have nano installed or you can use whatever editor you prefer. You can also call sysrc, but I like to see it.
Code:
transmission_enable="YES"
transmission_user="MEDIA"
transmission_group="MEDIA"

Then.. CTRL-X Yes to save. Then..
service transmission restart

Then test it. Let me know what happens.

veldthui

Dabbler
Try running Transmission as your user and or group 921 via the transmission jail's /etc/rc.conf file. Here is mine as an example. Change "media" to your user and group. SSH to FreeNAS host and enter: (EDIT where appropriate).

iocage exec TRANSMISSION
pkg install nano -y && nano /etc/rc.conf assuming you do not have nano installed or you can use whatever editor you prefer. You can also call sysrc, but I like to see it.
Code:
transmission_enable="YES"
transmission_user="MEDIA"
transmission_group="MEDIA"

Then.. CTRL-X Yes to save. Then..
service transmission restart

Then test it. Let me know what happens.

Nope did not work. I could not get into the interface and said connection refused. Deleted the last two bits and was able to get in again but still can't delete things in the /media folder from inside Transmission. Can delete them using the share to the mount point.
sysrc -a returns

Code:
root@Transmission:~ # sysrc -a
cron_flags:  -J 15
hostname: Transmission
ifconfig_epair0b: SYNCDHCP
ipv6_activate_all_interfaces: YES
sendmail_enable: NO
sendmail_msp_queue_enable: NO
sendmail_outbound_enable: NO
sendmail_submit_enable: NO
syslogd_flags: -c -ss
transmission_download_dir: /media
transmission_enable: YES

I wrote this out last night and forgot a critical step, the transmission app directory must also be chowned to this user/group. Apologies, I'll try to mock this up later and see if I can reproduce it.

The directory is /usr/local/etc/transmission and or /usr/local/share/transmission

Example: edit for your user/group chown -R MEDIA:MEDIA /usr/local/etc/transmission

veldthui

Dabbler
The directory is /usr/local/etc/transmission and or /usr/local/share/transmission

Example: edit for your user/group chown -R MEDIA:MEDIA /usr/local/etc/transmission

This didn't work either. When I added the user and group to the rc.local file I could not get in to the web page again.

I have found a work around though and set permissions to 777 on the two directories above and the files are now being deleted.