Transmission GUI disappear after starting OpenVPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacopx

Patron
Buonasera a tutti!
I'm running a Jail with Transmission (behind VPN) for 2 years. Yesterday i have noticed that the guy wasen't working... I I'm entering in it (jexec n bash) it's working perfectly. I have tried to reinstall the plugin and everything works but, after I have installed also OpenVPN it stop working (the GUI).

Someone know how to help with this strange problem? :/

Jacopx

Patron
Do you have an IP address conflict?

No, I'm sure, the only problem it could be that everything that I have tried is away from home behind a VPN to my router... In fact I've noticed that the plugins still work when I can't see the GUI. It's crazy... It could be something related to my firewall but I don't think so.

Jacopx

Patron
I have checked from my LAN... The plugins works perfectly both behind VPN and not. The problem is related to the two VPN instances, one on my pfSense router (server type) and one to my FreeNAS jail (client type).

I have already try to change the address of my system but I haven't solved the problem! Other suggestions?

Pezo

Explorer
Do you connect to the outside with the VPN in the jail? If so then it could be that all traffic out of the jail is sent through that VPN, so it won't go back to your LAN. Maybe OpenVPN allows this to be configured so that traffic to your LAN actually goes to your LAN.

Jacopx

Patron
Do you connect to the outside with the VPN in the jail? If so then it could be that all traffic out of the jail is sent through that VPN, so it won't go back to your LAN. Maybe OpenVPN allows this to be configured so that traffic to your LAN actually goes to your LAN.

No because I can access to my plugin from the LAN without problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.