Transmission can't login to web GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Cadet
Just installed 8.2Release for some reason (I had a perfectly running 8.0Betaxx) and configured the plugins and transmission 2.5.1 after much frustration.

My problem is that once transmission is started, I'm prompted for a username and password. I've edited the usr/pbi/transmissionxx/etc/transmissionxx/home/settings.json file (attempting to set rpc-login-required to false and deleting the rpc-password), but it seems it's overwritten every time I start the plugin after editing (yes, the service is stopped.)

I tried setting up mount points, but all that got me was directories overwritten with what I assume are the jail UID/GID (40001, I think) and no way to access them without root.

I've searched the forum but haven't found the solution. Has anyone seen this before?

This is on an HP ProLiant N36L, 8.2.0-Release-P1, fresh install with an imported zfs volume. Jail is set up as a dataset with a nested software dataset.

jerk

Cadet
As an update, I'm able to log in if I check the box for RCP auth required and set a username and password, but if I don't want a user/pass set, I can't get in since it sets a default password (even though rpc auth is disabled.)

LeeSimpson

Cadet
Did anyone find a solution to this?

I'm afraid not :-/

From memory there were actually a few settings which get garbled. If I get time I'll look at the source that takes the values from the FreeNAS transmission settings database and places them into the transmission json settings file. But right now I'm pretty darn busy. I was rather hoping that this might be a big enough issue for one of the main developers to look at :-D

If you do find a solution though, make sure to let us know!

My attempts at getting it working have resulted in
1. Transmission now requiring a username/password that I have no idea of (its not what I've entered into the Transmission settings page through the GUI).
2. Transmission is listed as off under services and won't turn on (though it does seem to be running).
3. Transmission won't delete or update so I can't re-install it.

I think at this stage my option is to re-install FreeNas :(

user "transmission" with password "transmission" works for me...

Thanks, it got more and more broken (after re-start jail wouldn't start), so I deleted the jail, re-installed and back to being able to use a blank username and password. Unfortunately this doesn't work with CouchPotato

Status
Not open for further replies.