Transfer config, pool, iocage jail, ecc to new system

bermau

Dabbler
Hi,
I'm not an expert, but I've a freenas box since 2017.
I purchased new hardware (motherboard, cpu, ram) and I would like to transfer my entire system to new PC (config, pool, iocage jail, ecc)
Can someone show me the exact steps to follow?
Thank you very mutch

MB.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Shut down old/existing system.

Transfer drives to new system (including boot drive... contains your config).

Edit BIOS to boot the correct device.

Boot.

Enjoy new hardware.

bermau

Dabbler
That's all? easy! :)

I thought I read in some threads (but maybe I'm wrong) that restoring the backup configuration did not restore the jails.
ok, I'll try tonight.

thanx for reply.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
That's all?
Yup.

I thought I read in some threads (but maybe I'm wrong) that restoring the backup configuration did not restore the jails.
Not exactly... it would depend on a number of factors about how you did the move, but in your case a straight transfer of all drives will result in a complete working system as it was on the original.

This is one of the best/most compelling features about using FreeNAS... Hardware replacement is a breeze.

bermau

Dabbler
Yup.

Not exactly... it would depend on a number of factors about how you did the move, but in your case a straight transfer of all drives will result in a complete working system as it was on the original.

This is one of the best/most compelling features about using FreeNAS... Hardware replacement is a breeze.

I love freenas, can't stay without it :)

sretalla