Torrent help

lagadin

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I am very new to Freenas and have been reading and watching tutorials. I currently running 11.2 I have my Plex plugin working with my share media pool. I would like to get a torrent app working with Sonarr and Radarr along with the VPN I use PIA. I had deluge up but running a test torrent of Ubuntu wasn't going above 20kbs. I tried the qbittorent plugin and when going to the management it wouldn't load a webpage. I bet I'm missing something here. If anyone has some input or guidance I would greatly appreciate it.

Specs of freenas 11.2
i7-4765T
16GB
2 x 4tb Seagate IronWolf NAS for media/homeshare
1 250gb SSD for VM and jail

TigerXtrm

Dabbler
Install the Transmission plugin and use that. It works like a charm with Sonarr and Radarr. There are guides floating around on how to install a VPN along side it.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Moderator warning: no piracy discussion or links.

ornias

Wizard
I recently moved everything to docker, but I never had a problem setting up torrents and sonarr/radarr for downloading my terabytes of "linux iso's".
However, I never used VPN's with them, I never liked the principle of having a VM/container/jail needing to manually connect to a VPN. If I wanted a VPN, I would put it on a router and just serve a VPN-Backed VLAN. Someone did it for jailman though, you should be able to copy some of his script. Afaik it is in one of the rejected PR's. :)

(one of my todo's for experimentation would be a Freenet/TOR vlan too... Just haven't found the time yet)

Moderator warning: no piracy discussion or links.
Yeah, we know... we are very good boys just downloading lots of Linux iso's from sonarr and radarr... :)
(in all honesty, I think they should add a fun button in the GUI to automatically fetch linux distro's :') )