Tired of not being able to access my Freenas Box from MS Windows.

Rickinfl

Contributor
I've posted about this before. I can only login and access my FreeNAS boxes from a Linux Box all browsers can access it and allow me to login. If I try and login from ANY windows box I can't and get this message

Connecting to NAS... Make sure the NAS system is powered on and connected to the network.

I've tried all browsers in Windows and all refuse to let me login. Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, SeaMonkey. And this is from ANY Windows Box. This has been doing this since the new GUI was installed. I've reinstalled FreeNAS over and over still doesn't work.

Static IP address and hasn't changed. Nothing network has changed.

Running 11.2-U5

Rickinfl

Contributor
BTW the Legacy GUI works fine on Windows Boxes.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
How about browser extensions like script blockers? you may need to allow scripts/cookies. I am able to access the new GUI just fine from my Windows 10 box in Firefox. I did need to allow the self-signed certificate exception first, which I see is now deferred to the OS for other browsers, so you may need to import the CA from FreeNAS on your Win 10 box to allow connections when certificate checking is enabled (recently became the default).

Last edited:

Rickinfl

Contributor
Nothing. It's something with that new GUI. I've tried over 15 different windows boxes

sretalla