Thrust in overnight

Temereen64

Dabbler
Greetings Everyone,

Last week something happened and it pushed me into the world of Freenas unexpectedly. I am thankful that it happened though. To make a long story short, I have a friend who has donated some parts to me from a server he intended to build. I never really thought about setting up a Freenas Server after being turned onto Freenas by my friend, I have begin reading the Freenas documentation. I will post a separate thread listing my components and intended usages to see if it will all work. I am happy to be here and will make a separate thread listing my components, intended usage and getting assistance with if it will all work. For now I will continue reading the various documentation and try to wrap my head around all the various terminology. VDEVs etc. Freenas looks to be perfect for my intended usage. It is just what is needed as I have files all over the place on several home pc's and was considering a synology Nas in the future but Freenas is much more configurable and seems to be better suited to my needs. Looking forward to learning more and getting my first Freenas server setup and going!