Taptalk broken

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Hello there.

I noticed that together with the new forum look (and associated back-end changes), it has now become impossible to login to the forums with Taptalk.

I contacted them and had this response.

"FreeNAS does not have a working Tapatalk plugin running, hence causing the issue. We have sent the Forum admin notification to fix the Tapatalk plug-in on their end. We strongly recommend you to do the same as requests from members are looked into more quickly."

Any chance there's already something happening with this?

I know @Chris Moore is a heavy user of the forums with the app, so it should be a priority to have it working in order to keep his interest.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I have used the forum, since the upgrade, by opening the web site on my phone, but I have seen that this uses significantly more data on my wireless plan and have had to restrict my usage accordingly.

Redcoat

MVP
I found that this new forum software is just fine with the iphone's safari and decided to abandon tapatalk. What might be a reason to reconsider?

Redcoat

MVP
I found that this new forum software is just fine with the iphone's safari and decided to abandon tapatalk. What might be a reason to reconsider?

I guess Chris just gave me one...

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Hello there.

I noticed that together with the new forum look (and associated back-end changes), it has now become impossible to login to the forums with Taptalk.

I contacted them and had this response.

"FreeNAS does not have a working Tapatalk plugin running, hence causing the issue. We have sent the Forum admin notification to fix the Tapatalk plug-in on their end. We strongly recommend you to do the same as requests from members are looked into more quickly."

Any chance there's already something happening with this?

I know @Chris Moore is a heavy user of the forums with the app, so it should be a priority to have it working in order to keep his interest.

Unfortunately, we aren't planning to use Tapatalk on the FreeNAS Forums anymore. There are too many security concerns and questions about what Tapatalk does with the data sent from the plugin. One of my top priorities running a forum of this size is to make sure your data is being used responsibly. If Tapatalk would like to address my concerns directly I'm happy to speak with them in more detail, but they never did send an email to me.

sretalla