SubSonic as a Media Server vs others avail as FreeNAS plugins

raidflex

Guru
I am on Freenas 9.3 and have no issues. To install go to the plugins tab and choose upload and then choose the Madsonic PBI you downloaded.

avalon60

Guru
I am on Freenas 9.3 and have no issues. To install go to the plugins tab and choose upload and then choose the Madsonic PBI you downloaded.

Yes, I have just seen that. Upload plugin. Thanks I'll give it a go.

It has installed as customplugin_1. Can it be renamed to what it is ie Madsonic

I can't get it to start now. I've set permissions , added storage, and when I go into a shell and type jls, the madsonic plugin is not showing, but I suppose it won't if it is not running

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Yes, I have just seen that. Upload plugin. Thanks I'll give it a go.

It has installed as customplugin_1. Can it be renamed to what it is ie Madsonic

I can't get it to start now. I've set permissions , added storage, and when I go into a shell and type jls, the madsonic plugin is not showing, but I suppose it won't if it is not running
you can't rename jails, this is something lost with FN9.3
starting the plugin shouldn't affect if the jail shows. the jails should be started by default in which case the jail should show from 'jls'

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Im running FN 9.3 as well and i cannot get the madsonic 5.1 pbi to start either.
Post for help on the Madsonic forum. The developer of that plugin, as far as I know, has more of a presence there.

mudshark

Contributor
Finally upgraded hardware and FreeNAS version to be current. Yay me.
I see that SubSonic is still an available plugin but also see a warning that
"Legacy plugins created before FreeNAS 11.2 must be managed from the legacy web interface."
So, QUESTION: Is subsonic 6.0_7 pre-FreeNAS 11.2?
Thanks folx.

blueether

Patron
The warning is for if you created the jail/plugin on the old UI, then it has to be managed with the old UI.

mudshark

Contributor
Ah. Thanks. As this is a fresh install all the better.
BTW, I see in the legacy interface no plugins are "available!"
If any were installed I supposed I'd see them under "Installed" which is the only "Plugins" option available!
Thanks again.