Stuck Deploying Certs using scripts for HTTPS

endnot

Dabbler

danb35

Hall of Famer
I get the error 522 - connection timed out. (Browser working, Cloudflare working, - Host ERROR{
For a Let's Encrypt cert on your FreeNAS server to really be useful, the FQDN on the cert needs to resolve, from your LAN, to your FreeNAS box. I do this by using my pfSense router as the authoritative DNS server for my LAN, and then setting up a variety of hostnames in its DNS configuration (so when a client on my network does a lookup for freenas.mydomain, that client gets 192.168.100.1 or whatever the address is).

The fact that you're getting a Cloudflare error page tells me that freenas.yourdomain is not resolving to the LAN IP of your FreeNAS box, but rather to some non-local IP address.

endnot

Dabbler
1. Cloudflare points to my IPv4 Wan IP address
2. freenas.local resolves as http - i did not know that before now. So, I added an Additional Domain to Network/Global Configuration of freenas.mydomain.com but the server cant resolve the IP address.

I do not know how to take the step of resolving mydomain.com to my LAN IP. I think my Arris router can manage it, if I can get the name to resolve to the IP address somewhere.