SOLVED Sonarr syntax error when downloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spencer Myers

Dabbler
Here's the error I get whenever I try to download any episode inside of Sonarr. I have all my connections to my indexer and downloader working and tested. Not sure what's going on. After reading a bit online and scowering forums, it may be an issue with Mono, however when I try to use
Code:
pkg install mono
to try to update Mono, it says all repositories are up to date, no update available.

Here is the syntax error I'm getting
Code:
Request Failed. POST /api/release: Syntax Error after '<!' characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 3, position 4.

Exception
System.Xml.XmlException: Syntax Error after '<!' characters. http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd Line 3, position 4.
at System.Xml.DTDReader.CompileDeclaration () <0x00488>
at System.Xml.DTDReader.ProcessDTDSubset () <0x00170>
at System.Xml.DTDReader.GenerateDTDObjectModel () <0x002b7>
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.GenerateDTDObjectModel (string,string,string,string,int,int) <0x00356>
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDoctypeDecl () <0x0025a>
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadDeclaration () <0x000d2>
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () <0x00204>
at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () <0x00274>
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () <0x000c4>
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () <0x0001a>
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () <0x0001a>
at Mono.Xml.XmlFilterReader.Read () <0x00087>
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader,System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions) <0x00138>
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.LoadCore (System.Xml.XmlReader,System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions) <0x0005e>
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader,System.Xml.Linq.LoadOptions) <0x000d5>
at System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader) <0x00016>
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.NzbValidationService.Validate (string,byte[]) <0x000ef>
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.UsenetClientBase`1<NzbDrone.Core.Download.Clients.Sabnzbd.SabnzbdSettings>.Download (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode) <0x007ba>
at NzbDrone.Core.Download.DownloadService.DownloadReport (NzbDrone.Core.Parser.Model.RemoteEpisode) <0x00620>
at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.DownloadRelease (NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseResource) <0x000e7>
at NzbDrone.Api.Indexers.ReleaseModule.<.ctor>b__7_0 (object) <0x00037>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.CallSite.Target (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,System.Func`2<object, object>,object) <0x000a7>
at Nancy.Routing.Route/<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3 (object,System.Threading.CancellationToken) <0x0016b>

Other info - I used the plugins menu to install Sonarr, then
Code:
pkg update && pkg upgrade

Sonar appears to be working and running fine, it's JUST downloads that are getting this error.

Spencer Myers

Dabbler
Alright well, I finally got it working. Just deleted the jail that Sonarr was in and started from scratch.

I found out that it was the version of Mono that the jail was initially using when first installing the Sonarr plugin when using the Plugin Install feature in FreeNas was the old one. To get around this, I did the steps below.

Install Sonarr using Plugins page in FreeNas
Go to Console for the new Sonarr jail
Code:
pkg update

Code:
pkg upgrade
type y when it prompts a few times
Code:
pkg install mono
to upgrade the mono version to the latest
Restart the jail and make sure sonarr is on via the plugins page
Put in the settings for SabNZBD API and tweak the settings to how your specific setup

That was it! Everything seems to be working great now. Sonarr is a HUGE upgrade from SickBeard, seeing as it actually finds backlogged episodes better and finds a different release for failed downloads.

ChiknNutz

Patron
I am having the same issue, thanks for posting this. BUT...Is there no way to accomplish this w/o deleting Sonarr and the associated jail?! I have been using Sonarr for quite a while now and I have a ton of episodes I don't really want to delete.

alrigh

Cadet
Updating mono to latest version and re-installing Sonarr still give me a syntax error. Any chance Sonarr could be recompiled to latest version on the Plugin repo?

Scharbag

Guru
https://forums.sonarr.tv/t/xmlexception-syntax-error/18599/49

Code:
Steps to fix on Freenas:

Ssh into freenas
Run warden list to get the list of jails
Jexec <nameofsonarrjail>
Pkg install mono
Edit the config file here /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sonarr
Change the procname address to:
procname="/usr/local/bin/mono"
Restart the jail

Good information here. Seems to have fixed my issues with the XML error.

Cheers,

ChiknNutz

Patron
My issue seems to have been inexplicably been fixed w/o any intervention on my part. Low and behold one day a few weeks ago I noticed new episodes began to appear in Plex. I have to assume something was updated with Sonarr but no idea what or how. I have since done nothing to upturn the apple cart and will hold onto my existing configuration until there is a compelling reason to update. But for now, I am gunshy to change anything since it is now working. Note I am still running 11.1-U5 with the original warden jails.

Status
Not open for further replies.