Sonarr permissions

svenEsven

Dabbler
I know I have seen this topic before but nothing within the last year or so and with my being new to FreeNAS i though somethings may be different and thats why none of the solutions i have found have worked so far. I just set up my entire automated media system (plex, sonarr, radarr, jackett, sabnzbd, and transmission) I have it all working flawlessly except that sonarr is unable to move/rename files downloaded through transmission. It works fine for sab, which has the exact same group:user permissions, yet i keep getting permissions errors. any help would be appreciated.

my permissions for sab and transmission
Code:
root@transmission:/transmission # ls -l
total 163
drwx------+   2 media  media    3 Jun 28 17:24 completeddownloads
drwx------+   2 media  media    2 Jun 28 16:07 incompletedownloads
drwx------+ 235 media  media  235 Jun 28 14:33 Movies
drwx------+   2 media  media    2 Jun 26 13:14 Music
drwx------+   2 media  media    4 Jun 28 11:49 Recycle
drwx------+  19 media  media   19 Jun 28 16:00 TV

root@sab:/sabnzbd # ls -l
total 163
drwx------+   2 media  media    3 Jun 28 17:24 completeddownloads
drwx------+   2 media  media    2 Jun 28 16:07 incompletedownloads
drwx------+ 235 media  media  235 Jun 28 14:33 Movies
drwx------+   2 media  media    2 Jun 26 13:14 Music
drwx------+   2 media  media    4 Jun 28 11:49 Recycle
drwx------+  19 media  media   19 Jun 28 16:00 TV
root@sab:/sabnzbd #

my errors showing in transmission logs https://pastebin.com/f6sNfDxC

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You have permissions with acl(the little +) and that's not going to work with jails. For jails to work you can only use Unix permissions.

Secondly this is the path that transmission downloaded the file to
/usr/local/etc/transmission/home/Downloads/

If that path doesn't exist in the sonarr jail it's not going to work. The mount path for your downloads has to be the same in transmission as it is for sonarr.

svenEsven

Dabbler
The permissions automatically switched to acl when I made the main directory a windowsshare, I literally can't just change permissions anymore, it won't let me. If you can inform me on how to revert that I would love to. Also, why is sab allowed to have files renamed and moved in acl, but transmission isn't?

And I forced transmission to have a different dl path specifically because the default path wasn't working and I wanted to make it so that sonarr, sab, and transmission had the same dl path, which took me forever to get transmission to stop forcing it back. But i altered the dl path in usr/local/etc/rc.d, also in root/etc/rc.conf, and it worked out just fine, but i will revert if you think it will help, i obviously tried it with that setup many times to get frustrated enough to find all the download_dir files in there.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
To change the download location of transmission you set that in the /etc/rc.conf file inside the jail.
Code:
sysrc transmission_download_dir="/path/to/mounted/dataset/"

and now take that exact path you have created in transmission and create that path in the sonarr jail and put the mount in the exact same place. What happens is transmission tells sonarr the location of the file after it's done downloading. Sonarr then goes and looks in that location, so whatever transmission tells sonarr has to exist in the sonarr jail.

If it works with acl's just let it be but eventually you might run into issues if sonarr or something wants to chmod a file. When you have acl's enabled you can not use the chmod cmd and this breaks certain applications.

NasKar

Guru
to remove windows ACLs find directory/ | setfacl -b