So , Upgrading 11.2 broke my nextcloud jail - Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceetan

Contributor
So, upgrading to FreeNAS 11.2 broke my nextcloud jail. Due to the way I set up the jail datasets, I recover most of the files, So theoretically, I could just install the jail from scratch. However, I am wondering if there is a way to acually restore or recover my previous instalation in whole or in part, and If so, what nees to be done to acomplish this?
When installing the jailI pretty much followed @dureal99d 's guide , ans I could not get @danb35 's scrip to work for me due to my router firewall setup.

I have a hunch things arent working, because Freenas isn't looking for the jails in the right place

Attachments

• dataset structure.JPG
    dataset structure.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 507

samuel-emrys

Contributor
If you're looking at reinstalling, I've written a guide on how to manually install Nextcloud into an iocage jail compatible with 11.2, with a few additional security steps. As far as restoring your previous settings, there are four things you'll need:
1. config folder
2. themes folder
3. database
4. data folder
Of these, the database contains the majority of your settings and is the only one that requires some tinkering to get working. The rest should be mounted/copied into the normal locations (in my guide these are the destination locations when configuring the jail fstab). The Nextcloud documentation on restoring from backup will provide some guidance on restoring the database to a new installation

Ceetan

Contributor
If you're looking at reinstalling, I've written a guide on how to manually install Nextcloud into an iocage jail compatible with 11.2, with a few additional security steps. As far as restoring your previous settings, there are four things you'll need:
1. config folder
2. themes folder
3. database
4. data folder
Of these, the database contains the majority of your settings and is the only one that requires some tinkering to get working. The rest should be mounted/copied into the normal locations (in my guide these are the destination locations when configuring the jail fstab). The Nextcloud documentation on restoring from backup will provide some guidance on restoring the database to a new installation

Yeah; I read that giude. I decided to reinstall as soon as i back up all things stored in the old instalation. WhenI do I will follow it, as i founds its level of detail quite satisfying. One question though:
You have something called Jailhouse. As I understand it, its is simply a data set for housing your jails. What makes your detup a little diffrent is that you have an SSD-pool pool it, but thoretically, I could if I wanted to mimic your structure as much as possible, i could just make a dataset on any pool and aname it jailhouse, right?

samuel-emrys

Contributor
You have something called Jailhouse. As I understand it, its is simply a data set for housing your jails. What makes your detup a little diffrent is that you have an SSD-pool pool it, but thoretically, I could if I wanted to mimic your structure as much as possible, i could just make a dataset on any pool and aname it jailhouse, right?
yep, that's correct. I have it on its own pool because I wanted to take advantage of the SSD I/O speeds, but you could just as easily make this a dataset on any pool

Status
Not open for further replies.