Snapshot Scheduling in GUI time incorrect in 8.0.1beta1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghenry22

Cadet
Have been working with Freenas 8.0.1beta1

I have set my time zone to Asia/Singapore and it shown correctly on the report graphs and by the date command at CLI.

However when I add a periodic snapshot it uses the wrong time. I set periodic snapshot to run hourly 24hrs a day to see what was happening I found that the snapshot is created with the time stamp 15 hours behind actual time.

ie it is 3:24pm on 8 June 2011
the snapshot says : auto-20110608.0024-2w

This makes it really annoying to set a snap shot schedule as I have to deliberately set an incorrect scheduled time so that snapshots are taken during my office hours.

If I set the snapshot schedule for 09:00-18:00 as it should be I just get no snapshots as it thinks it is running in another timezone when taking snaps.

stooey

Cadet
Hi, I'm also having the same problem. I'm in the UK, setting the timezone in the GUI reflects the current time OK, but when it comes to snapshots and replication, the time is some 8 hours behind.

In the end I had to hack this file: /usr/local/www/freenasUI/settings.py

....and change the timezone from "America/Los Angeles" to "Europe/London"... while probably not priority fix, this will cause confusion if left.

Shouldn't the settings.py be updated whenever the timezone is altered via the GUI?

stooey

Cadet
Update: I note this has been changed to TIME_ZONE = None in the latest beta2, so that might sort the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.