SMB share access not syncing with domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobnd

Cadet
Hello,

I have the newest stable version of FreeNAS running with Active Directory services syncing to my Win Server 2012 R2 domain controller. I created a bunch of SMB shares which are accessable by everyone for read-only. When I add permissions for domain users (or any other group) to write to the share, the changes apply recursively without any issues.

I run into issues though when accessing the share. The share does not recognize that I am a domain user and instead classifies me as part of "everyone" which disallows writing.

I appreciate any help I can get.

Things to note: I can ping the domain, domain controller, the domain controller can ping the freenas box, I see the freenas box in AD as an AD computer, I am using basic configuration for Active Directory in FreeNAS.

jacobnd

Cadet
Funny enough, about 1 hour after finally giving in and posting on the forums I was able to solve my own problem. I was used to the old ui where you could create a dataset from a different location and actually thought that feature was removed so I created a directory in FTP. This directory was where I stored all of my file shares and as a result they were not receiving AD permissions. Once I moved them to an actual dataset and rebuilt the file structure and SMB shares, everything seems to be working as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.