SOLVED Slow update 11.3 to 11.3-U1

echelon5

Explorer
I'm trying to update FreeNAS on a Gen8 Microserver from 11.3 to 11.3-U1 and it's extremely slow.

I've tried updating via webUI but it got stuck on installing-base os for more than 1 hour. beadm list would show the growing mountpoint but it looked extremely slow so I rebooted and tried again to update via shell after cleaning up the failed env.

Now I've started it directly via shell with freenas-update update. Progress has been stuck at 25% for half an hour and beadm list shows the pool growing at a rate < 100 KB/s. Other disk operations such as dd and scp work fine.

2 other FN updated quickly without problems.

echelon5

Explorer
In the end it worked. It picked up speed but it definitely took longer then the other 2 units.

L-P

Cadet
It was slow for me too, the update seems to have worked but at the end after reboot, it's stuck in a loop... repeating: FreeBSD/amd64 (helpy.local) (ttyv0) ... then a bunch of lines... then django.db.utils.OperationnalError: no such column: system_settings.stg_guiprotocol ... then... it stop for 30 sec with: helpy init: getty repeating too quickloy on port /dev/ttyv0 sleeping 30 sec.

Anyone with this issue ? Should I hit the power button on the server and reboot? CTR+C don't stop anything... no commands seems to work in the shell (the shell is probably not running at this point)

YES I'm a noob at this... can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

gvasco

Cadet
It was slow for me too, the update seems to have worked but at the end after reboot, it's stuck in a loop... repeating: FreeBSD/amd64 (helpy.local) (ttyv0) ... then a bunch of lines... then django.db.utils.OperationnalError: no such column: system_settings.stg_guiprotocol ... then... it stop for 30 sec with: helpy init: getty repeating too quickloy on port /dev/ttyv0 sleeping 30 sec.

Anyone with this issue ? Should I hit the power button on the server and reboot? CTR+C don't stop anything... no commands seems to work in the shell (the shell is probably not running at this point)

YES I'm a noob at this... can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

I've been getting the same error when I install and boot off of some new SATA DOM's that I got to replace the USB drives I've been using as boot devices. So far no luck, been goign in circles trying to figure out why it won't boot. The system boots fine on the USB drives, latest version of FreeNAS.