SickChill Error

nike_bytom

Cadet
Hi All,

Any idea why I installation of SickChill plugin fail?
See error below:
Code:
Install
Error: sickchill had a failure Exception: RuntimeError Message: Last 10 lines: fetch: https://github.com/SickChill/SickChill/archive/master.tar.gz: size of remote file is not known master.tar.gz 32 MB 8066 kBps 04s cp: /usr/local/sickchill/runscripts/init.freebsd: No such file or directory chmod: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickchill: No such file or directory Partial plugin destroyed

Thanks!

Jared Potter

Dabbler
miigotu replied and appears to have fixed/upgraded sickchill however the plugin in freenas doens't seem to have the update yet, not sure how to get it or manually install the new fixed sickchill:

jcr

Cadet
Yeah, I'd love if there was some info on how to get the update - I'm seeing the same issue.

Jared Potter

Dabbler
So I've been on page after page trying to figure out how to install the "fixed" version... So far i've found the plug in "master" directions
(iocage fetch -P --name PLUGIN IPADDRESS_PROPS --branch 'master' )
and then to how to pull from the internet
(https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/blob/12.1-RELEASE/README.md)
and in the repository list under master is shows it was updated 4 days ago:
(https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index) ------ Pick MASTER.
But this is where I get lost again, i'm guessing to modify the pull request to get the "master":

iocage fetch -P sickchill -g https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.7/24" --branch 'master'

wish me luck, I think I just confused myself

Jared Potter

Dabbler
So it proceeds to install the 12.1 release using the master branch but then aborts at the end like it did before with:

/usr/local/bin/python3: can't open file '/usr/local/sickchill/SickChill.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
Starting sickchill.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickchill: WARNING: failed to start sickchill
Last 10 lines:
Cloning into '/usr/local/app/sickchill'...
mkdir: /usr/local/etc/rc.d: File exists
/usr/local/bin/python3: can't open file '/usr/local/sickchill/SickChill.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/sickchill: WARNING: failed to start sickchill
SickChill had a failure
Exception: SystemExit Message: 1
Partial plugin destroyed

Now looking at it from the shell instead of the vague unhelpful GUI error I think there's a problem where it says cannot open file after it says file exists...

Last edited:

Jared Potter

Dabbler
For some reason along the line it says it's installing everything usr/local/app/sickchill then at the end it says: can't open file /usr/local/sickchill/SickChill.py but shouldn't it be /usr/local/app/sickchill/SickChill.py?

Jared Potter

Dabbler

Jared Potter

Dabbler
Hi Can you pleas explain how you did it?

from the root shell:

iocage fetch -P sickchill -g https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index --branch 'master' ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.1.7/24"

replace the IP/network type with what you want yours to be. Note that this will install Sickchill under the master branch and so you -cannot- use the plugin update feature of freenas gui as that's tied to the -release- level of the repository. So update after only from inside Sickchill's updater until the 12.1 iocage version is released to the release branch

Jared Potter

Dabbler
So now is there no way to install it as a plugin?
That is to install it as a plug-in. The difference being that when you install sickchill from the community plugin page on the GUI is that it fetches the version that’s posted to the “release” branch of the repository. Since that version does not supper update iocage 12.1 and the old 11.3 build is incomparable with freenas 12 beta you need to bypass that release build and fetch the master branch build. There is no way from the GUI to pick what branch, so do that you have to do it from the shell. Tell iocage fetch to fetch the master branch version (as you can see from the second to last part of the string. Once the master branch is approved and updated to the release branch you’ll be able to use the pkg update && pkg upgrade as well as the plug-in install from the GUI feature again (which are also tied to the release branch). Installing the plug-in from the shell vs the GUI has no difference outside of that and is not the same thing as manually creating a jail.

-fixer-

Cadet
That is to install it as a plug-in. The difference being that when you install sickchill from the community plugin page on the GUI is that it fetches the version that’s posted to the “release” branch of the repository. Since that version does not supper update iocage 12.1 and the old 11.3 build is incomparable with freenas 12 beta you need to bypass that release build and fetch the master branch build. There is no way from the GUI to pick what branch, so do that you have to do it from the shell. Tell iocage fetch to fetch the master branch version (as you can see from the second to last part of the string. Once the master branch is approved and updated to the release branch you’ll be able to use the pkg update && pkg upgrade as well as the plug-in install from the GUI feature again (which are also tied to the release branch). Installing the plug-in from the shell vs the GUI has no difference outside of that and is not the same thing as manually creating a jail.
I am getting this error..
Code:
Host: 11.3-RELEASE is not greater than target: 12.1-RELEASE
This is unsupported.

I am on 11.3 release, so I understand what the error means. Is there a way to install it?

Jared Potter

Dabbler
I am getting this error..
Code:
Host: 11.3-RELEASE is not greater than target: 12.1-RELEASE
This is unsupported.

I am on 11.3 release, so I understand what the error means. Is there a way to install it?
Ah yeah you’re still on freenas 11.3. You need to upgrade to the freenas 12 beta 2.1. It’s very stable and working great. Just be aware that if you upgrade to the freenas 12 you’ll be prompted to upgrade your pools and if you upgrade the pools you will not be able to revert back to 11.3. If you leave the pools un-upgraded you can revert back to 11.3 no problem. Once you’ve upgraded to the freenas 12 beta train you can open a shell and do an iocage upgrade to each of your plugins. The sickchill plug-in will need to be upgraded the roundabout way as its releases are still under master branch.

jcr

Cadet
I think this gave me enough info (ie, use the command line to install a new plugin) to do this for 11.3 - what you have to do is download the .json file from the master branch, then edit it for "11.3-RELEASE" instead of "12.1-RELEASE", and use the file instead of git - like this:

Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/master/sickchill.json >sickchill.json

<edit sickchill.json, replacing 12.1 with 11.3>

iocage fetch -P ./sickchill.json ip4_addr="igb0|10.187.2.24/16"

...this let me install the plugin on 11.3. Haven't run it yet, but I'm hopeful.

hexogene

Cadet
I think this gave me enough info (ie, use the command line to install a new plugin) to do this for 11.3 - what you have to do is download the .json file from the master branch, then edit it for "11.3-RELEASE" instead of "12.1-RELEASE", and use the file instead of git - like this:

Code:
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index/master/sickchill.json >sickchill.json

<edit sickchill.json, replacing 12.1 with 11.3>

iocage fetch -P ./sickchill.json ip4_addr="igb0|10.187.2.24/16"

...this let me install the plugin on 11.3. Haven't run it yet, but I'm hopeful.

Thanks jcr. This worked for me.

Ellimist

Dabbler
Hi Folks,

This worked for me as well. Thanks JCR. I added a couple of different commands which I've included below due to my config in case others are looking for something similar.

iocage fetch -P sickchill -g https://github.com/ix-plugin-hub/iocage-plugin-index --branch 'master' ip4_addr="vnet0|192.168.0.10/24" defaultrouter="192.168.0.1" interfaces="vnet0:bridge20" -n Hades-SickSrv host_hostname="Hades-SickSrv"

marcevan

Patron
Didn't work for me:

in short sickchill.json was not found after attempting the iocage fetch as typed above.

The reason I wanted to try it this way is that downloading the plugin succeeds but the website for it is denied no matter what I do. I have not had this problem with any other plugin.